Thursday, August 4, 2011

Good news/bad news, CT style

Good news: I got to run outside again--5 miles this time!
Bad news: It was more humid than I was expecting.
More bad news: Because I didn't think I'd have time to run a full 5, I didn't pace myself very well (should've left just five minutes sooner!) and the last half mile was done at a pretty smokin' pace.
More good news: ...the last half mile was done at a pretty smokin' pace. :)

Good news: After my run, I made a bagel scramble (two eggs, spinach, red pepper, green onion, salsa, cheddar) to help up my veggie intake.
 Bad news: Most of my $1.60 red pepper was rotten/moldy inside (and I chose it SO carefully last night!!) so everything usable got tossed into this one meal.
 More good news: It was yummy.

Good news: The little guy and I did some laundry this morning; my running shorts/bras are all clean and stank-free again!
Bad news: In the two hours since I let them know we'd be out, housekeeping didn't make it to our room.

Good news: There is a pizza joint within walking distance, so the little guy and I went there for lunch.
Bad news: We were out past his naptime...

Good news: He went to sleep anyway! And I got to eat my Greek salad (lettuce, tomato, green pepper, feta, balsamic vinaigrette, added my own baby carrots) in peace.
Bad news: Garmin Connect isn't working right now so I cannot upload my run. Some dumb glitchy updates going on. I want to see those splits! Whine whine whine. I'm done now.
More bad news: After typing it eighty seven thousand times, the word "news" looks pretty stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment