Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Food prep, menu, update

When the little guy went down for a nap on Sunday afternoon, I got to work in the kitchen. And boy, did I work! At more than one point--with the stove burners full, oven on, two small appliances working, and a sink and dishwasher full of dishes--I thought I might've gotten a little carried away, but it all worked out. And at the end of the day, here's what we had waiting for us:

Two pans of blueberry-walnut baked oatmeal (one 13x9, one 8x8)
Three gluten free pizza crusts (one family sized, two individual)
Six freezer bags of black beans (equal to one+ can each)
Seven 7-oz jars homemade yogurt (so cute!)
One leftover-roundup quiche (mushrooms, zucchini, onion, two kinds of cheese, chicken sausage)
Quinoa for a quick side dish or to be combined with black beans for a lunch salad
Rice for the dog, who suddenly decided he hates his food

After prepping all that, we went out for pizza. Ha! I shared a salad with The H and breadsticks with the little guy. I love feeling productive and prepared for the week! Stay tuned for more pics of my homemade yogurt process... it's not perfect yet, but I look forward to trying again once we get more milk from the co-op on Wednesday. Here's a short list of what we're eating this week:

S - Grilled chicken sausage, corn on the cob, grilled broccoli, peaches (75% from the farmers' market!)
M - Chicken breast with olive-tomato relish, wild rice, homegrown sauteed zucchini
T - Pizza with mushrooms, kalamatas, tomato, co-op pepperoni
W - Quiche with... ? I don't know yet!
Th - Out with my youngest sister who's coming to visit (leftovers for my men)
F - Visiting family and going to my high school friend's (and maid of honor) wedding!

I'm happy to report that since my last post, I've been making a more conscious effort to move more and eat less while my running miles are still on the lower end. This means more yoga, walking the dog on my non-running days, and not vegging out in front of the TV after dinner. It may not have made a difference on the scale yet, but I do feel better for it. Just a few more weeks 'til my next race! It's good to have something on the calendar again.


No comments:

Post a Comment