Sunday, July 18, 2010

This week's menu

The fridge, freezer, and pantry are looking lean indeed. I had to dig deep to create this plan. My goal is to put off shopping until payday (Tuesday) and then stick to a bare-necessities list because we have co-op pickup on Wednesday evening. Getting through Wednesday sure gave me trouble! Here's what I managed to eke out:

Sunday lunch - leftover beef curry over brown rice for me and The H (plus a Greek yogurt for him); mac 'n' cheese, turkey, edamame and pretzels for the little guy

Sunday dinner - homemade pizza with red pepper, spinach, homemade sauce, mozzarella, nitrate-free pepperoni, roasted garlic if I get that ambitious...

Monday - BBQ chicken breasts and Branny's Boston Baked Beans, probably with barley for a side, unless I buy corn on the cob before then...

Tuesday - Vegetable soup based on this recipe in the slow cooker, made with a bag of frozen veggies, homemade broth, some sad parsnips left in the veggie keeper (just for flavoring, I won't make us eat them), chickpeas, and rice pasta

Wednesday - Gluten-free macaroni with peas or edamame, soy-flax tortilla chips and pineapple salsa, homemade gluten-free banana bread

Thursday - Leftovers, whether I run with friends or not

Friday - Grilled chicken, co-op purple beans, brown rice

Saturday - Gluten-free Monte Cristo sandwiches (basically, gluten-free French toast/grilled cheese with turkey, Swiss, and jam inside), co-op peaches, and co-op bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment