Thursday, July 15, 2010

When outside feels like an oven...

the last thing you want to do is stand over a fire to cook your meal!

The little guy and I moved our intended-for-the-grill meal indoors last night. The heat and humidity were just too much. A/C for me, please!

This is what the kitchen looked like 10 minutes before we ate:


And this is what we sat down to:


Local corn, local cusa squash with local yellow onion, chicken apple sausage, plus applesauce and a few grape tomatoes for the little guy. He loves those sausages. We get them at Trader Joe's, though I know other places sell them. We've even had some local ones! He calls them "hot dogs." I don't correct him. He's started to eat his corn on the cob as intended rather than having it cut off the ear, which I think is adorable.


I'm his mom. I get to think that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment