Sunday, September 12, 2010

A meal plan!

Imagine that. Sometimes I *do* remember to post these. The H is scooting to the ATL this afternoon, so the little guy and I are on our own. Le sigh.

Sunday lunch - grilled chicken, roasted broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, bresaola salad, watermelon. What can I say? I wanted to send him off with a full and happy belly before being at the mercy of fast food and burgers for the week.

Sunday dinner - pancakes and sausage for the little guy, steel-cut oats with walnuts and dried cherries for me. I plan to make extra portions for quick breakfasts throughout the week.

Monday - leftover chicken and broccoli for the little guy, with some mac 'n' cheese, and a Frank's RedHot chicken-and-spinach wrap for me.

Tuesday - mini pizza (on a sandwich thin) with chicken and black olives for the little guy; leftover chili for me. We'll share some apple slices. If he ends up having dinner with an aunt or grandma while I go run (or maybe Thursday) I'll save the chili for The H's lunches, and eat a Trader Joe's crab cake and leftover broccoli instead.

Wednesday - grilled chicken burgers and homemade oven fries...with what?

Thursday - whole wheat penne with marinara and sauteed mushrooms and spinach.

Friday - chicken breast with green curry simmer sauce (a Trader Joe's find) over brown rice... I think. This one is up for debate depending on The H's return flight.

Saturday - Up for grabs! I'm running a half marathon in the morning with a bunch of friends and might just be in the mood for pizza or something equally effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment