Monday, March 15, 2010

Meatless Monday

Here is the meal plan for this week, in no particular order:

BBQ chicken pizza

Mango chicken with Thai broccoli (that I didn't get to make last week)

Spinach lasagna with Greek salad

Turkey chili with gluten-free cornbread

Grilled cheese sandwiches with GF pasta salad (and possibly tomato soup, if the weather calls for it)

You'll notice I didn't plan a new meal for every night; that kind of backfired on me last week. We made the chicken pizza on Sunday and are having the in-laws over to share our lasagna tonight. On my list of other things to make this week are GF oatmeal chocolate chip bars from my mom (a mix-in-a-jar), another batch of hummus with veggies, edamame for snacking, and a big batch of steeel-cut oats for breakfast. It's been over a week since I've had them, and I'm getting tired of toast (plus the bread is almost gone).

What meal are you most looking forward to this week?

3 comments:

  1. Definitely most looking forward to the mole enchiladas I'll be making tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do the steel cut oats? They intimidate the heck out of me. Any tips? Maybe a new post? :wink:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, my secret is using quick-cooking ones! Trader Joe's and McCann's both make them. When I run out, I'd be happy to experiment with the "real" thing and document the experience. Stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete