Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The H can cook!

Did you know that? He actually used to cook for us (when it was just the two of us) at least once a week. His specialty was cheese ravioli with sauteed mushrooms, marinara sauce, and garlic bread. Alas, then we learned about his wheat allergy, and that was the end of that. To his credit, now he makes great burgers, is a good grill-master, and is usually quite willing to help in the kitchen. The problem is that I'm too territorial (read: bossy) to relinquish cooking control very often. BUT sometimes, a guy's gotta do what a guys' gotta do.

Last week, we were on "staycation" and I decided that I wasn't going to cook every night. Where's the 'cation in that? ;) He pulled together these beautiful turkey-black bean nachos all by himself, start to finish. I may have advised about one or two things, but I was completely hands-off. And it was good.



The turkey was seasoned with taco seasoning, there's fresh-off-the-cob corn in the mix, and a few home-grown (not at my home...) summer tomatoes in there. He even bought and chopped a fresh avocado. The whole shebang was topped with (local) shredded cheddar. Happy 'cation to me!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally the same way in the kitchen. Sometimes I beg the husband to cook, and end up taking over... :)

    But when he cooks, he somehow manages to knock my socks off (well, most of the time.)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look yummy! Now I am craving me some nachos.

    ReplyDelete