Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hey guess what?

This morning I registered for my second marathon, the Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City, MI. Crazy, right? :) A whole bunch of my friends are running it this year, so I won't lack training partners. What a way to kick off the winter! Kinda makes this morning's first real snow of the year more bearable to know that it WILL melt, and it WILL be sunny and warm again. :)

Since my marathon in October, I've seen a dramatic drop in my per-mile times, which is both astounding and encouraging to me. Every week I run faster than the last, which is faster than I ever thought possible. Last night I ran an 8:04/mi pace for 5 miles, which is more than 2 minutes faster per mile than I was just a few years ago. Amazing! I'm having a blast doing it, and couldn't ask for more supportive friends and family.

Regardless of my pace for this upcoming 26.2, I'm definitely looking forward to sharing the "first marathon" experience with my friend Cindy, who registered for the same race. I'm so excited that she's beginning this nutso ride with me, and can't wait to see what training will bring.

3 comments:

  1. You are making great progress! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW thats awesome on the faster running! I cant get below a 9:30 and can only keep that about 2 miles.

    Im doing my first marathon in March - just restarted training... nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That time is awesome! Yaah for your second half.. this first half training is kicking my rear... but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete