Monday, May 23, 2011

Marathon training update: Race week!

It's hard to believe that this Saturday is race day! Last time around, training seemed to drag on and I was *so* very nervous for weeks leading up to the marathon, but this time... it's race week already?!

Training has continued to go well (knock on wood) and I haven't had the nagging aches/pains/injuries that plagued me last time. Hopefully that means Saturday will be smooth sailing, too.

This week is all about lower mileage, staying loose and staying injury-free! I'm so excited for my friends who are running their first-ever 26.2, and wish them the best on race day. It's been a fun ride this time around knowing that so many of my running pals will be there with me!

My meal plan this week is based on the ever-popular Fridge Cleanout theme, so we don't have a ton of food going to waste while we're traveling. Tonight will likely be breakfast dinner since I recently got a shipment of Bob's Red Mill GF pancake mix. Beyond that... stay tuned and I'll let you know if something fabulous comes out of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment