Sunday, October 3, 2010

Menu planning

For as infrequently as I seem to do it, I really do enjoy meal planning. It can be a challenge combing through the fridge, freezer, and pantry to see what needs to be used before I dash out to the grocery store to buy fresher food to stack on top of what's already there, BUT I always feel so accomplished when we eat through what we have.

I thought this week would be something of a "clean slate" week since the cupboards seem so bare, but after sitting down with a pen and paper, the grocery store circular, and a few select cookbooks, I found that we really had quite a bit of potential lying around. Here is what I pulled together:

Sunday lunch - Potato-crust veggie quiche (thanks for the crust recipe, branny!) with homemade applesauce and chicken apple sausage.

Sunday dinner - Homemade pizza with black olives, cherry tomatoes from a friend, a small can of mushrooms, and the last 6 (literally) pepperoni from last weekend's pizza night.

Monday - Grocery shopping day! Brown rice pasta with chicken and broccoli from The Eat-Clean Diet for Family & Kids by Tosca Reno.

Tuesday - Grilled cheese sandwiches and homemade tomato soup, also from The Eat-Clean Diet for Family & Kids, after running group.

Wednesday - Asian noodle bowls from The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged! by Tosca Reno.

Thursday - Individual pizzas for The H and little guy while I run and have dinner with friends.

Friday - Crispy chicken bites from The Eat-Clean Diet for Family & Kids with sweet potato fries from the same book.

Saturday - TBA

This week I'd also like to make a sweet potato spread and a shrimp & edamame noodle salad, both from an old issue of Clean Eating Magazine. Hopefully some of these turn out blog-worthy. :) You know me... even if they don't, I'll probably post 'em anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Can you post some of these recipes? They sound awesome! Im just starting on clean eating and need all the help I can get! I made the boiled bag omelets from her first Clean Eating book and super yummy!

    Christina

    http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet potato spread?!? Sweet or savory? Either way, the prospect of anything sweet potato put on other somethings can't fail, and I hope you do blog it!

    ReplyDelete