Sunday, November 21, 2010

Super simple meal plan

Sunday lunch - turkey black bean chili, one of my best batches yet! One pound ground turkey, one can (equivalent--homemade) black beans, 1 box Pomi chopped tomatoes, seasoned with 2 Tbsp ancho chili powder, 2 tsp ground cumin, a few shakes of dried oregano, two shallots, and two cloves of garlic. The H had some rice elbow noodles with his, and we topped it with strained plain yogurt and sharp shredded cheddar. Served with apple slices.

Sunday dinner - friends invited us over for grilled pork chops, sweet potatoes, and carrots. We brought gluten-free brownies and a bottle of wine.

Monday - homemade (GF) pizza with whatever veggies look good to me!

Tuesday - something simple in the CrockPot for me and The H; the little guy will be dining with his grandparents while we go for our run and then dash over to co-op pickup.

Wednesday through Friday - meals with family for Thanksgiving... I have no real control over them, but I know I'm responsible for a GF dessert and a veggie side dish for Thursday.

Saturday - depends what time we get home; we may be going out.

Happy holiday planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment