Friday, August 20, 2010

My favorite burger, revamped

Just in case you were wondering, this chicken burger recipe is equally--if not more--tasty as the original when you use ground turkey breast in place of the chicken. For one thing, they hold together better, so much that we were able to grill them. The H and I also thought they were somehow more flavorful, even though the *only* thing I changed was the poultry I used. I did freeze them on a foil-lined baking sheet for about 3 hours before cooking, simply because I didn't have fridge space and we weren't ready to cook them right away.

We served them with local raw gouda and a quick tomatillo relish that I threw together using our last two tomatillos, one seeded jalapeno, the juice of half a lime, and sprinkle of kosher salt. On the side, we had blackened green beans. Both of these dishes were cooked on the grill, which made clean-up incredibly easy and kept my kitchen cool on a warm summer day. Oh, and the little guy gobbled an entire burger--with organic ketchup--even though he was supposed to be in bed. He literally ran out of the room during bedtime stories, crowing, "Iss BURger tyme!" Thus, this post has earned the honor of the kid-friendly tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment