Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ten Min Din

For the record, I despise the term "din din." Never ever shall I use it with my son, let it be henceforth and hereafter acknowledged.

So. This dinner took ten minutes to pull together. And the little guy LOVED it. We're on our own this week while The H soaks up some California sun in San Francicso (lucky dog) and a quick dinner was just what we needed.


In short, whole-wheat gnocchi on a bed of fresh organic spinach (and crushed red pepper--left out of the little guy's serving), topped with homemade-ish superfast marinara sauce. For that, I simmered a box of Pomi chopped tomatoes with Italian seasoning, a pinch of brown sugar to cut the acidity, some kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper.

My smiley guy kept giggling as he ate, saying, "I love yokies. You love yokies, Mama?" Perfect.

2 comments:

  1. The sauce sounds simple and tasty. I'll have to try it.

    I always do the same thing with pasta to bulk it up. The spinach wilts under the heat of the pasta and mixes in so nicely.

    I'm impressed with how your little one eats everything. He's a really cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I love yokies!" So cute! I'm impressed how he eats everything, too. Good for you for starting him with clean eating at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete