Tuesday, August 24, 2010

As the Bean Sprouts: SUCCESS!

Check it out! Our beans are GROWING! After about 7 weeks since I planted them, we have big, beautiful, sweet green beans right in our own yard!



So far I guess my experiment is only about 25% successful, since only one of the four beds I planted has yielded anything, but the potted sprouts may yet become something edible. The other two beds--back by the raspberries and next to the tomatoes--are a complete wash.



The fence area has by far the most seeds planted, which I suppose is good. It's a great location, and I'm glad we planted there.



Maybe by tomorrow I'll have enough to make a decent side dish for dinner. That is, if I can keep the little guy from eating all the ones he helps me pick!



On the way back into the house I snapped a pic of this guy--I have no recollection of planting sunflowers last year, so it was a surprise to see a volunteer (actually, two) springing up!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your bean success!

    I really enjoy reading your blog, by the way. It gives me great meal ideas. So, thanks for blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award! See my blog for the deets!

    ReplyDelete