Monday, February 21, 2011

Buffalo chicken salad

Every so often when asking for healthy lunch options, a person might hear, "A salad topped with grilled chicken." Well, that sounds kind of boring to me. So I added hot sauce. 

There's no real recipe for this baby. I combined some romaine lettuce, a sliced tomato or two, half a sliced bell pepper, and some boneless, skinless chicken breast marinated in Frank's RedHot, and a yogurt-based Ranch dressing. It came together very quickly, since the chicken was cooked before I marinated it briefly in the sauce. To make the chicken less saucy but still fully flavorful, I baked it at 350* for 10 minutes before adding it to the salad.

Simple and tasty! The H used the leftover components in a (gluten-free) wrap for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment