Thursday, March 24, 2011

Should've snapped a pic!

Tonight was "fridge clean-out night" for dinner. So far, I've stuck to our weekly meal plan down to the letter, which both shocks and pleases me. Alas, that's going out the window tomorrow when The H takes me and the little guy out for dinner with a gift card he was recently given... but I digress. TONIGHT we had leftovers, just as I'd planned. The H, who had chili for lunch, opted for broccoli soup and a make-it-up-as-you-go pizza gluten free pizza crust. What he did with it (lightly prompted) was fantastic! I had the other portion of chili, btw.

The crust was about the size of a pie plate. (OK, it was exactly the size of a pie plate. Because that's what I had pre-baked it in.) He brushed it with olive oil, sprinkled it with feta and grated Parmesan, topped that with half a sliced red pepper, two chopped artichoke hearts (saved from this salad), and fresh sliced Provolone. It went into a hot oven and baked 'til hot and bubbly.

Then we ate it. And it was yuuuummy. I should have him do stuff like that more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment