Sunday, July 24, 2011

Meal plan!

So, I did it. I made a real live meal plan. Kinda had to, since The H isn't around and I refuse to feed the little guy fast food or convenience food at every meal... though surely it would be *easy* to, I would be a very large and lumpy woman if I didn't make an effort to plan ahead. I do love food. Even the junky stuff.

Here is what we're having this week, in no particular order:


Trader Joe's black bean and cheese taquitos (I said not *every* meal) with pineapple salsa, Greek yogurt with fresh berries, and leftover mac 'n' cheese from lunch for the little guy

Grilled chicken with caramelized onion quinoa--this grain dish is from Squeaky Gourmet, and man is it a good one! Surprising how some of the tastiest things are made from the simplest ingredients.

Buffalo chicken wraps using the meat from a whole bird I'm cooking in the CrockPot early in the week

Cuban black beans with brown rice and poblano peppers (another Squeaky Gourmet inspiration)

Balsamic lime salmon with the world's greatest tomato soup

Gluten free mini pizzas with black olives and co-op pepperoni, plus whatever veggie odds and ends I have left at the end of the week--this will make a great Friday dinner so The H can enjoy our inevitable leftovers when he gets home

That covers my bases for dinners this week. I may switch it up and make one or two for lunch on a daycare day (more time to putter) and have leftovers for dinner. There is half a package of shrimp in the freezer with this recipe written all over it. My mouth is watering just thinking about that one.

Anything fantastic on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment