Thursday, July 21, 2011

Uninspired

That is what I am. Especially when it comes to food. Maybe some of it has to do with the heat, and more than a little The H's crazy work travel schedule this month. Blah. It's depressing to plan meals for me and the little guy, knowing he won't likely appreciate them like I want him to. :) The perils of being 3, I guess. Th H is living it up Marriott style again next week, then shortly after that, we're all tagging along on a jaunt to Connecticut. Know anything about it? Anything we must do?

Since I last had a decent post, here's what I've been up to...

June 27th - Ran a 5K with my superfast friend, set a PR with 22:56. Enjoyed a most delicious root beer float afterwards. 4th in my age group.

July 4th - Dusted off my old (free!) bike and went for a 10-mile ride. Owie.

July 6th - Braved the sore butt and went for another ride, only 5 miles this time. Meh.

July 9th - Ran a half marathon with a group of running friends, set a new PR of 1:53. We had to get up before 3am to make it to the race that started at 6am. 2nd in my age group. (I'm the nerd in purple.)
July 16th - Ran a 4-mile race near my parents' house, set another PR of 31:26. Up until the last minute before awards were given out, I was 1st in my age group, but suddenly that changed to 2nd.

July 21st - Rode 7 miles in the morning, and tried a run in the evening. Not my finest moment. Or run.

I guess I've been busy. But not in the kitchen, bummer. I'm still loving the Squeaky Gourmet book and plan to tuck it in my purse when I grocery shop tomorrow for the week The H is gone. I *need* to get back on track. My pants (ok, shorts... I'm no fool) still fit just fine, but my energy and willpower are starting to suffer a little. I'm off to blog-browse for a touch of inspiration.

What have you been up to? Any fantastic recipes you've made?

No comments:

Post a Comment