Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A typical Wednesday

Just a peek into what I'm up to mid-week...

8am - Glass of water, sprouted grain toast with honey and natural peanut butter, cup of coffee with half and half while baby played in the kitchen. Started soaking the black beans I meant to do yesterday.

9:30am - Short run through the neighborhood with my son in the jogging stroller, followed by core work and more coffee while baby played in the living room. He loved doing "stretches" on the yoga mat with me. I showered while he had his quiet time with Little Einsteins and his lovey.

11am - Steel-cut oats with flax seed, dried cherries, chopped raw almonds, agave nectar, MORE coffee (mental note: need more water) while Einsteins was wrapping up. By now it's close to noon and lunchtime for the little guy. Oh, I also had to get him dressed. Keeping him in the sleeper for our (cold and windy) run kept him warm without having to pile on too many blankets, which he hates. It wasn't pure laziness, I promise.

1:30pm - Baby was down for a nap by 1:20, time for my lunch: Whole-grain tortilla with 1/2 can albacore tuna mixed with 1 wedge French Onion Laughing Cow, Dijon mustard, and two small chopped dill pickles; 2 or 3 glasses of water. Three small squared Trader Joe's 72% dark chocolate. Started some laundry and the dishwasher and did a little paid work before my son woke up.

3:45pm - 1/2 D'Anjou pear with mild cheddar cheese, water. Baby and I had a floor picnic, which he thought was a hoot.

5:45pm - Turkey chili (turkey, white and red kidney beans, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, onion, red bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, and black pepper) two squares of gluten-free cornbread (corn meal, rice flour, egg, milk, oil, baking soda, baking powder, salt, maple syrup). This was one of the best cornbreads I've made from scratch, GF or otherwise; also one of the best pots of chili I can recall. 1 Reese's peanut butter cup (darn that leftover Halloween candy!), more water. Trip to Target at 6:30.

8:30 pm - Baby is finally in bed after procrastinating with the best of 'em. Time for coffee (decaf!) and one little fun-size bag of peanut M&Ms. I need to watch myself and stop eating sugary junk after every meal, which always makes me break out and feel gross. The coffee was supposed to stand in its place, but I caved. Time to do a little paid work and maybe some reading for a bit before bed. I'll finish my coffee and have some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment