Wednesday, March 14, 2012

80* winter day

I know I'm not the only one to comment (marvel...gawk) about the weird winter weather many have been having. But I just had to record this somewhere I'll be able to find it again when we get more inevitable snow before summer. Today, on March 14th 2012, the temperature hit 80* in my usually-buried-under-many-inches-of-snow-at-this-point city, appropriately located in the state shaped like a mitten. Eighty. Whew!

Alas, rather than enjoying it to the fullest extent, I was home with the little guy who has a stomach bug. Thank goodness The H is home this week! This is the first time we've had to deal with this kind of illness with him. Rough! We did get outside a little, but he was feeling so puny that it was really hard on both of us. Because most of my day was spent holding, consoling, and tending to him, I did *not* eat very well after breakfast. It made me really glad I got off to a good start with steel-cut oats, blueberries, pecans, flax meal, and local maple syrup... even if I did have to wolf them down in a flash before going to pick up the little guy from The H's office, where they were hanging out after *almost* getting to daycare before the sick set in.

Hoping for a better Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment