Thursday, October 15, 2009

Stuck

Ever have one of those weeks when you just don't know what to cook, aren't motivated to try anything, but feel "blah" about the whole idea of food anyway so it really doesn't matter? This is one of those weeks. I feel like I'm in limbo, waiting for my first co-op pickup next week (Wednesday!) so I am hesitant to buy too much at the grocery store. But at the same time, we are running low on H-approved protein sources (chicken, ground beef, and eggs). Said H had a work dinner this week, leaving me and the little guy to fend for ourselves. Tonight is my girls' run, so I won't be cooking anyway, and then family is coming this weekend so those meals are kind of up in the air.

I'm frustrated at myself for lack of direction in the kitchen, and that indifference has even spread to the kitchen itself. How weird is that? I'm not cooking as much so the dishes are kind of piling up, I badly need to sweep, and there are random piles of mail, Target flotsam, and half-drunk glasses of water around. Sounds like a pit, doesn't it? It's not *gross* just unkempt.

Tonight I have someone coming to finish painting the guest room, where my weekend company will sleep, so maybe having that finished will inspire me to whip the rest of this place into shape. In the meantime, if you have a great recipe to share, I'm open to suggestions. Hit me with a link (or page number in a Tosca Reno book or Clean Eating Magazine), please!

No comments:

Post a Comment