Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Breakfast time!

A typical weekday breakfast for me starts out looking like this:


The container on the left contains my pre-made serving of steel-cut oats, already mixed with whatever yummy add-ins I had on hand. I aim for a fruit, a nut, and real maple syrup, with a shake of cinnamon. I try to make 2-4 servings at a time and keep them in the fridge. The bowl on the right is microwave-safe.

It comes out of the container looking like this:


I like that the goodies all end up on top. Looks like this was a cherries, walnuts, and pumpkin day!

Once I pour a cup of coffee, this is what I sit down to:


(See my cute little food scale on the left, and handy yellow Amphipod bottle on the right? Great tools, both of them!)

I'll usually let the oatmeal settle, then come back for the grapefruit and banana (half, if the little guy has anything to say about it) a bit later. My son often asks for some oatmeal as well, especially if I've used dried cherries as my fruit that day. Nice and sweet!

What's your favorite go-to breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment