Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Menu for a snow-covered week

West Michigan is finally getting some real winter weather after a nice long break without any warnings or advisories. The forecast I heard for tonight is 6-12" of snow; compared to what some other states have gotten recently, I guess we can't complain too much! If you are in a snowy state I hope you're warm and well-stocked. The little guy and I went shopping yesterday and loaded up on coffee today so we're set for a good long time. Here is what I have on the menu this week:

Sunday - We stayed home from our SuperBowl party because the little man was sick. Poor kid! I made burgers (from the co-op) with sauteed mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and Swiss, along with sweet potato fries and gluten-free jalapeno peppers from Clean Eating Magazine's email. I took pics of those so watch for them soon!

Monday - I broke my own Meatless Monday rule and made BBQ chicken pizza with a side of tomato-feta salad. It was delicious.

Tuesday - Beef barley soup in the CrockPot with TONS of veggies! This is a great way to clean out the fridge/freezer/veggie drawer. The beef I'm using is stew beef from the co-op.

Wednesday - Gluten-free pancakes, scrambled eggs, and home fries (with local fingerling potatoes). This will be our meat-free day for the week.

Thursday - Gluten-free turkey lasagna

Friday - Barley-mushroom risotto from Clean Eating Magazine

Saturday - Individual pizzas

No comments:

Post a Comment