Sunday, February 14, 2010

Half-hearted meal plan

These eating machines have once again been transformed into nose-blowing, vitamin-taking, juice-swilling machines. All three of us are sick! Ugh. Here is my best attempt at a meal plan; nothing sounds appealing when you lack the senses of taste and smell. These meals made the cut because I don't have to shop for a single ingredient; everything I need is already in the house. With the exception of a gallon of milk and a few bananas (that I might have The H pick up on the way home from work), we might be able to get by without a grocery trip at all. I like weeks like that.

Sunday - The H made lunch after church; we had turkey burgers with cheese and fresh sliced jalapenos, and dilled green beans. He did a GREAT job, and I so appreciated the break! Then I took a 2 1/2 hour nap while the little guy slept. Dinner was a frittata with leftover roasted potatoes, co-op eggs + extra egg whites, fresh spinach, green onion, garlic, and local sharp cheddar. I served it with yogurt mixed with frozen berries; the H also toasted some leftover gluten-free pumpkin pancakes with his.

Meatless Monday - Curly rice pasta with marinara sauce, steamed broccoli with lemon zest, and canned peaches, which the little guy cannot get enough of. I might use one of my frozen gluten-free pizza crusts and make breadsticks. The H likes bread with saucy pasta.

CrockPot Tuesday - Chicken with black beans and salsa, served over brown rice with flax chips for dipping.

Wednesday - Tasha's split pea soup OR chicken barley stew; I haven't decided yet. (H, care to chime in with a request?) If I feel up to it, I'd love to make some gluten-free cookies or muffins to have as well. Unless I'm only having lunch by myself, I don't like serving *just* soup for a meal--the table looks too naked!

Thursday - Turkey burgers with sauteed peppers and onions, sweet potato fries, roasted broccoli.

Friday - Pizza with spicy Italian sausage, peppers, and onions.

Saturday - If I survive this week on two feet AND make the meals as described above, I think The H should take me out, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment