Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday in Old Town

Breakfast: Whole wheat English muffin with butter, scrambled eggs, coffee with half and half, berry crumble muffin for me; banana, scrambled eggs, and sausage patty for the little guy.

Snack: Raw almonds, dried apricots, and a banana for me; fruit snacks, an apricot, and some of my banana for the little guy.

Lunch: Simply Organic shells and cheese pasta (which I mixed with whole milk and hummus due to my lack of butter--YUM), cantaloupe, apple + almond butter, chips + roasted red pepper hummus for me (first pic); black beans, melon, hardboiled egg, and vanilla whole-milk yogurt for the little guy (second pic). He wouldn't even touch the pasta I was so proud of. :(


Snack: Half of a giant chocolate peanut butter cookie and low-fat milk for me; grapes and pretzels for the little guy.

Dinner: Grilled chicken tacos (two flour tortillas, chicken, pico de gallo, lettuce) with a few bites of rice and beans at Austin Grill.


The chicken was very flavorful. You can see that it came with three tortillas, but the portions of meat in each one were so small that I combined the last two. I smeared some sour cream on the first one, before the little guy ate the rest on his rice and beans. We all had water to drink, and munched some chips and salsa, but not much at all. The basket was still basically full when we left.

Dessert: The H wanted ice cream, so we wandered down King Street until we got to Pop's. The H had peanut butter/espresso coffee in a dish, and the little guy and I shared my dish of cheesecake/chocolate.


It was a late night for him, and a splurge for us, but it was good. Well, the cheesecake flavor was good. The chocolate was really rather sub-par so I didn't finish it. My 4 miles of walking today means I'm not doing my usual 3-5mi run. Tomorrow calls for rain, so I will aim to do a treadmill run when The H is back from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment