Sunday, January 16, 2011

Here it is! My CHALLENGE meal plan.

Monday - stroganoff beef and mushrooms with brown rice risotto and green beans (this one isn't entirely Ken's-bought, since I had intended it for Sunday night before we went shopping, but I did check that stew beef, brown rice, and fresh green beans are indeed available there, so it is *possible* to create this meal within the parameters of my challenge; I'm just not--though the mushrooms and sour cream are applicable)

Tuesday - Mile High Enchilada Pie in the slow cooker, from the Incredibly Easy Gluten-Free cookbook (corn tortillas, kidney beans, shredded cheddar, chicken from Ken's, seasoning from my own spices). This is the same cookbook that my spaghetti squash with black beans comes from.

Wednesday - Rutabaga and Greens Frittata from the Local Cook (eggs, rutabaga, collards, bacon, onion from Ken's)

Thursday - Quinoa stuffed peppers (quinoa, diced tomatoes, bell peppers, green onion, kidney beans, and cheese from Ken's, taco seasoning from my spice cupboard)

Friday - gluten-free pizza (Bob's Red Mill GF crust mix that we already use is available at Ken's, although mine came from a Subscribe & Save order on Amazon. The portobellos, tomato sauce, provolone, and bell peppers are from Ken's)

Saturday - roast chicken (yes, the same one that has been listed on my plan before... call me lazy) with red potatoes, carrots, brown rice, and roasted butternut squash (the chicken is a co-op acquisition, but Ken's does indeed carry whole chickens; the other veggies and rice are from Ken's). I plan to make chicken stock with the carcass and some parsnips that I'm picking up as part of my co-op order on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment