Thursday, January 6, 2011

Something new...

You may have noticed--or maybe not--that I prefer to keep my site free of ads and sponsors. I just don't care for the cluttered look of ad-laden blogs. I have a hard time focusing on the content when things are constantly flashing, crowding, scrolling, and otherwise taking up my visual space. To be fair, I have this problem in real life, too--I can't focus on something The H is trying to tell me when the radio is on, the TV is too loud, or the little guy his hooting in my ear. It's not you, it's me. :)

But you may also notice that sometimes I link to products I use and books I read. And in the interest of full disclosure, I want to let you know that I'm in the process of setting up an Amazon Associates store that will be linked from this blog. That means if you click on one of the links I insert (for a food scale, cookbook, etc.) it should take you to "my" store on Amazon, and if you happen to purchase the product through that link, I receive a small commission on the sale. My store will be stocked with things I already use, as well as recommending related items. I get to hand-pick the things that appear there, which will be fun.

I follow a few other blogs that use this tool, and so far I don't think it makes their sites look too busy or commercial-y. My goal is to add a simple link on the right-hand side, where I keep my tags list, so you can visit the store that way as well as through any in-text links I include. Due to my being somewhat computer un-savvy, this may take awhile to set up, so don't expect a change overnight, and please don't expect this blog to become a big commercial. I've really tried to avoid that thus far, and don't plan to change it all that much. Perhaps with The H's help I can get it running smoothly soon. Until then, go try a kiwano!

No comments:

Post a Comment