Saturday, January 8, 2011

Party time!

Tonight is The H's company holiday party. Better late than never, I guess! I'm looking forward to the night out and food that I didn't have to cook--and because of The H, there should be several gluten-free options!

I got these goodies to go with my dress for the party. The jewelry is from a fair-trade store next to my favorite Thai place, so naturally I had to stop in while I waited for my lunch to be ready yesterday, and the tights were just too cute to pass up (not from the same store). Purple and black argyle--just right for jazzing up a conservative gray dress, don't you think?


In preparation for tonight's caloric overload, I ran 10 miles this morning. (OK not *really* in preparation; I would've run 10 miles even if the party wasn't tonight.) I don't know about where you live, but it was a whopping 5* here this, maybe 8* (yes that is Fahrenheit) by the time we ran. Bone-chilling! The sun was out... as if that's any consolation. :)

It's funny to me that I was out there pounding the snow-covered pavement with a smile on my face, when just a few years ago, I would have used the thermometer as an excuse to stay in bed. So glad to get that jump on the day! It truly makes me happy. Go ahead and roll your eyes--or nod in agreement!--at my mushy gushy running love. The H does it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment