Monday, August 31, 2009

On the road again: Day 2

Breakfast: Half of a green monster (1/2 cup milk, 1/2 banana, fresh spinach, 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter, 3 ice cubes) in the bullet blender.

Exercise: 30 minute run with my son in the jogger, then some core work.

Snack 1: Ezekiel PBJ made with natural peanut butter and nothing-but-apples apple butter.

Lunch: Two eggs scrambled with leftover black beans + salsa from yesterday's nachos, 1/2 serving quick oats with 1 Tbsp apple butter stirred in.

Snack 2: Sliced cheddar, 1/2 Pink Lady apple, raw almonds.

Dinner: Half of a blue corn enchilada stack at a Tex-Mex place called Chuy's (filled with roasted chicken and topped with tomatillo sauce and some cheese), Mexican rice and beans, chips + spicy salsa + guacamole. And water. Because, you know, that makes it healthy. LOL!

Snack 3: Not really a snack--a small mug of decaf with one Mini Moo creamer from the hotel. I need better tasting coffee, and soon.

I feel great about my eating and exercise today, aside from the pure indulgence that was dinner. It's unbelievable to think we used to eat like that at least once a week, if not more, AND I could finish the whole plate plus a dessert. No wonder my pants were several sizes larger! Now I am enjoying a cold bottle of water before bed. I feel extremely large, but I know that one meal did not derail my efforts of this week, let alone the past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment