Thursday, September 3, 2009

On the road again: Day 3

Breakfast: Vanilla whey protein shake, small banana (pre-run).

Exercise: 30min run with my son in the stroller; 20min walk/run after that. Very muggy today! Had planned on an hour, but just couldn't do it.

Snack 1: Hard boiled egg (half the yolk), small vanilla Oikos Greek yogurt with a Nature Valley Oats 'n' Honey granola bar crumbled on top. Not the cleanest bar in terms of sugar content, but there are no weird ingredients and crap I can't pronounce.

Lunch: Half of a Pink Lady apple and an Ezekiel grilled cheese with cheddar, tomato, mozzarella, and spinach.

Snack 2: Quick oats with half a scoop of protein powder and a few raw almonds.

Dinner: Hawaiian pizza (peppered ham, pineapple, jalapeno, onion) at a cute little hole-in-the-wall pizza place that offers a full gluten-free menu. Not wanting to blow the budget by adding an extra $5 to make my pie GF, I indulged in a regular old (super crispy and just burnt enough) flatbread crust.

Snack 3: I think I had some dark chocolate, 1 Ghirardelli 72% square, but I can't remember. Oh, and ***BONUS*** I just re-read the bag of tortilla chips I bought, and they don't contain any salt like I'd said before. Corn, corn oil, and lime. They're awesome with the hot salsa we bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment