Friday, May 28, 2010

Summertime lunch

The other day, when the little guy and I were out running errands, I was **thisclose** to grabbing us fast food and going to watch planes land at the airport. But I resisted. Besides, he got cranky and needed a nap pretty much as soon as we got home. So there went that idea, but we still needed to eat.

His current favorite is cottage cheese and "sawbayuhs" (strawberries!), so that was easy enough to pull together. I gave him some pretzels on the side for crunch, and unearthed the last squeezable applesauce (from our DC trip) in the fridge. He ate everything except a few pretzels.


My own early-afternoon snack (I had more to eat later) was cottage cheese, fresh fruit, and some Canadian turkey bacon, which the little guy shared with me.



Fresh, light, and easy. Perfect for the record-breaking heat!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing healthy options for little ones! I love you blog :)

    ReplyDelete